Suggestions on stands for forte

Sulli

I have my Forte's raised 6 inches to raise the treble and midrange drivers at equel height center of my TV screen. It makes the voices sound like they are coming from the screen, not under the screen.

I think the same applies for music listening. Experiment with different heights to see what works best for the stereo image. I think you would want the treble slightly higher than seated ear level,angled in some, but not directly at you.

I made my stands from 1" by 6" oak lumber purchased at Home Depot.

Hi, I believe they are floorstanders to start with, and lifting them any further will effect LF performance. I have Heresy's up on 14" high mass, sand filled, metal stands. They aquired a different sound from when they were on the OEM risers. I did this when I combined my 2-channel with HT equipment, so I do use them with a sub, even for music.

Experimenting with different heights, you might find a happy medium.16.gif

I have mine on spikes on the floor with a TV between the speakers.

I used to have a low center image when listening to music but I found covering the TV screen solved it. The image is now at shoulder level.

I don't think would want it any higher, don't want to look up to hear it.

I used to have mine on a pair of JBL speakers, that gave the Fort'es about 18 inches of lift. The soundstage was much improved as well as the tonal ballance of the highs as they were then at ear level. I currently have them on the ground, toed in and have the fronts kicked up with a 2 inch riser so that they are aimed at the listening position. They sound much the same as they did on the risers but I am still looking for the "perfect" setup in the very bad audio room that they must play in. The room is nearly square 6.gif