denon 2805 vs 3805

what are the differences besides the lack of mic and crappy remote in the 38 vs. the 20 less watts per channel in the 28?

I'm going to get one of these two babies for my rsx's. They dont need very much power so I guess I should just save the cash and get the 28. I also hear the 38 has a free remote upgrade which is supposed to be better?

i upgraded my entire Klipsch Ultra system as well.......i went for the Pioneer vsx-1014tx

it is basically a Elite vsx-52tx but in different clothing and less features such as RS32 port and some input and outputs. As long as the sound components are the same, i am quite happy for the 330 i paid for it. People on mutliple forums proclaim that it sounds exactly, if not better then the 43tx. Its a great receiver imo, and really show my infinity primus capabilities.

might as well add that it is THX certified 7.1 receiver not that it matters.

it relates due to the fact that you are paying ALOT less for somethign that is quite superior to receivers ranging below $1K and could easily beat the 2800 in sound quality. I have not heard the latest 3800 and 2800 models, but have heard the past ones before the current line. Was not very impressing for the price they were asking for.

how much are you getting the 2800 for?

also, if i were you, i dish the extra for the 3800 due to a much better preamp section. the 3805 uses burrbrowm DAC.