when is a real company going to me a satellite radio receiver?

----------------

On 9/27/2004 9:25:10 PM 007 wrote:

Because that will cost about he same amount of money. My PC is a bit on the loud side. I have consdiering many cooling methods. And at a minium, its gonna be 250 bucks to water cool my system. At a max, i can get a silent case with no fans no noise for 1500 bucks from zalman! Many i should just invest in water cooling since i dislike all the sat radio options. Teh other thing about sat radio is that the quality is much better then internet radio

picky, sorry for pissing you off, but it was designed to. I wanted some answers for crying out loud!!! I'm a baby when people dont answer me, what can I say, lol

ps: your HT set up is awesome!

----------------

what about putting the pc into another room? There's a whole world of options that open up from there. I don't mean to be pushing the whole computer thing if that's not what you're going far...it just seems like a possible alternative. I personally can't comprehend the idea of a dedicated listening session listening to the radio. When I've got the time to sit down and listen intently, I like to be the one choosing the music. All other listening for me is at mp3 quality or less (i lump radio in that category as well).

satellite radio is absolute crap quality. i have had it for 8 months and just cancelled it 2 days ago. the music selection is great and no or very few commercials is even better. the problem is every station seems to be compressed at different rates and the output of the xm units a bit low. i had mine hooked up to an aux input to my car cd player. Its the best solution to minimize noise instead of using those fm modulator jobbies i thought. the quality is soo bad i can't enjoy listening. maybe i am too picky or other people just don't care. its not worth the $10 a month imo.

----------------

On 9/29/2004 4:10:53 PM itsmyforte wrote:

satellite radio is absolute crap quality. i have had it for 8 months and just cancelled it 2 days ago. the music selection is great and no or very few commercials is even better. the problem is every station seems to be compressed at different rates and the output of the xm units a bit low. i had mine hooked up to an aux input to my car cd player. Its the best solution to minimize noise instead of using those fm modulator jobbies i thought. the quality is soo bad i can't enjoy listening. maybe i am too picky or other people just don't care. its not worth the $10 a month imo.

----------------

Precisely. Give me a digital pass-through with consistent CD-quality and I might spend that ten bucks to get it. In the meantime, the only radio I listen to is a public station that plays modern rock, gives me a good variety, and is no worse quality than that crappy 128k (or less, depending on the station) digital that XM and Sirius attempt to pawn off as "near CD quality"....

PS: I actually donate to that station during fund drives, because they never fail, on a monthly basis, to turn me on to something new and interesting that I never would have heard on a Clear Channel station...