B&K ST125.3

big c

I have used a B&K ST2140. The B&K sound is a bit warm and very pleasant with Klipsch. The weakness with the less powerful B&K amps is that they can't drive the bass frequencies as well as the 200 watt B&Ks. B&K has been reliable for most folks and has good customer service.

You should notice a nice performance improvement with the B&K.

Bill

I have a B&K ST-2020 2-ch amp rated at 150wpc. It has a beautiful, slightly warm, but very rich and detailed sound with a slightly laid back, but very large soundstage. I will probably be continuing to use B&K amps in the future, because I feel they complement the upfront and slightly bright characteristics of the reference series very well.

----------------

On 9/30/2004 9:42:36 PM big c wrote:

I just bought the B&K 125x3 to run my fronts (rf5,rc3) of my 3802, anyone with a similar setup or B&K amps care to comment on B&K.

----------------

I am running a B&K Ref 200.7 using a Denon AVR3802 as a pre/pro to a complete Reference 7 setup (RF-7 fronts, RC-7 center and rear and RF-5s surrounds). This setup sounds friggan unbelievable. It brought out an incredible amount of detail and clarity, even more than just the Denon by itself. After nearly a year of having this very setup, I am still all giddy inside whenever I play something on there. The B&K is an excellent match with Klipsch.

Yeah, that ST125 amp should be excellent for your fronts.

i am running the 507 with a puny 150 into 7 channels, and i am very surprised to hear the not enough bass comment, mine completly outshines everything i have ever had in house, i think possibly it might be the downstream thing giving bass problems, as far as mine are concerned i cant play at the levels i like because it has soooo much bass12.gif you are gonna flat love your b&k, and if you have any probs call george at b&k he is thier guru

The problem with bass on my B&K ST2140 was that the 140 wpc amp only produced 30 amps peak to peak. The B&K 507 is 42 amps peak to peak. The Reference amps from B&K are 75 amps peak to peak.

I replaced my B&K with a Sunfire which produces 80 amps peak to peak. It allegedly doubles the wattage as the impedance falls to half. The difference in bass output between the two amps is amazing.

Bill