Academy in da house!!!!!

speedbump

I got my new/used Academy today at lunch time, and took the opportunity to audition it against the C-7. It beat the Legend hands down when matched with my Chorus I's. I used Gone in Sixty Seconds as the test disc, and my front soundstage has never been so close to seamless. Thank you everyone who helped encourage me to make this trade....

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch Heresy I Surrounds

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Speed- Glad to hear that! I HAD an "Academy" delivered to me Friday, but it was hidden in the clothing of a Tangent Center channel speaker -- I guess the seller was misinformed when he bought it about what model it was. Anyway, so I am "Academy-less" with my Chorus, but leaning towards using a spare Forte as a center. The voicing is pretty close to the Chorus. Gonna try a Heresy as well.

I'll keep your results in mind in case the Forte or Heresy idea don't play out. Enjoy!

Doug

Doug,

How is that new Chorus setup treating you? Have you tried all of the different combinations (3 Fortes, Chorus with Forte Center, etc..)

Let me know what you think, because I may want to find a set of Forte's for surrounds. There's a set on Ebay now that I may look at.

Erik (speed)

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Playstation 2 for games/DVD

Wavey.gif Voila, Monsieur Bump, viva la Academie du Speed!

Remember when you posted, "I can only aspire to the Klipsch-madness that has gotten its claws into you HornEd, although your quest has a higher purpose than mine. I do find it easier and easier to justify my purchases these days though. Rationalization, like other skills, improves with practice...hehe." as part of your nervous-Nellie "Shall I make this trade?" thread?

How goes the "EriKlipscHobbYearnings" today? Isn't it great when the rationalization finds its "personification" in your own Academy!? With over 65% of the HT sound funneled through the center... but somehow it doesn't really hit home until you do it in the privacy of your own HT rig.

cwm39.gif take a DVD's worth of time off and ENJOY!

Ah yes, I do remember my great reluctance to part with my new friend, the "Legendary" center. I have to say that I am surprised at the difference between the two speakers, but just knowing that the Academy is "right" may have a lot to do with the perceived difference between them. On a side note, my nervous behavior in the "trade" post was also my way of bragging a bit, as I was very pleased with my good fortune, and needed to tell someone who understood (the board members). Out and out gloating is very ugly behavior, so I did my best to disguise it in question form. cwm41.gif

As for taking a break, it hardly seems like the time to slow down. When coupled with my already expensive computer fetish, this home theater obsession must be paid for somehow. cwm36.gif

Now I've gone and ordered parts for my first "HT-PC", that will be used for DVD viewing, with a Dolby 5.1 soundcard, a network connection to the huge MP3 collection I've been ripping, and wireless bigscreen internet access. Should be a hoot. I'm trying to put together a homepage so I can show off all of this cool stuff I've been "finding".

"Honey....can I put an extra little wall in the living room??? You'll hardly even notice it. They have to have walls.......no really......"

One Happy Bump Smile.gif

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Playstation 2 for games/DVD

Hey Speed - I see you have Heresy surrounds. Ever try a Heresy as a center channel for the Chorus? If so, how did it sound?

DD

P. S. Answer to my own question - tried a Heresy II as a center with my Chorus last night and both my wife and I agreed that it was not as good a match as the Forte. I guess the Forte/Chorus/Quintet family ties are pretty tight, as are the Heritage family ties...

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 08-03-2001 at 12:16 AM

Speed,

Glad to hear you found one!!

Doug,

Sorry to hear about your fiasco. A tangent instead of an academy? Hate to hear that.

Scott

------------------

Front - Quartets (Walnut oil)

Center - Academy (Black)

Rear - Optimus (haha) soon to be replaced!!!

Receiver - Marantz SR-680 (upgraded from Denon AVR-810)

CD - Denon DCM-320

Tape - Denon DRW-850 (soon to be back in the box)

MD - Sony MDS-JE330

DVD - coming soon

Sharp 27"

You're welcome Speed.

Glad to help yall. Glad to have the opportunity to give something back to the BB.

Scott

------------------

Front - Quartets (Walnut oil)

Center - Academy (Black)

Rear - Optimus (haha) soon to be replaced!!!

Receiver - Marantz SR-680 (upgraded from Denon AVR-810)

CD - Denon DCM-320

Tape - Denon DRW-850 (soon to be back in the box)

MD - Sony MDS-JE330

DVD - coming soon

Sharp 27"