Problem With My Subwoofer

GlennG

I own a tx-ds676 Onkyo Receiver & have had it for over 5 years. When I tried to watch a movie today I noticed that I was getting a very weak response from my subwoofer.Thinking that it might have been my subwoofer,I tested it on another receiver and it worked just fine. I checked all of my settings and everything seems to be ok with the exception of my subwoofer. Has anyone experienced this problem and does it mean that it is time for me to upgrade to a better receiver.

I'm a bit curious, did you just get a new sub. Or have you had your sub for five years as is the case with your A/V/R, and just recently noticed a difference.

You can find assistance here, but you have to be more specific. As to what gear your using, interconnects, settings, and such.

I won't ask you "is it plugged in," but to get going in the right direction what movie were you watching?

I started to notice the problem after I upgraded my center and surround speakers. I replaced the front sonus faber speaker with the klipsch rc25 and the surround boston accustics with the klipsch ss1's.My fronts are the klipsch rf3's.My problem is occurring on every movie that I watch.I have owned this sub for about 6 years it is a kenwood sw300.

----------------

On 10/12/2004 2:08:56 PM GlennG wrote:

I found the problem guys. My cables from the sub to the receiver were bad. I replaced them with new minster cables,now they are working fine.

----------------

Glenn,

Welcome to the forum!

May as well get the initiation started now So, how did the minster cables sound?

11.gif9.gif