RSW-15 vs. SVS PB12-Ultra/2 for music only

killerbee_vr6

I realise this is part of an older thread, but I had to say:

----------------

On 10/19/2004 12:17:05 PM CECAA850 wrote:

I'm sure I'll catch some flack on this but........ For music, to me it is more important to have the sub set up correctly than the brand. .... The musicality and speed are very much dependant upon location and phase setting. A $2000.00 sub that is not callibrated correctly sounds worse than a $1000.00 sub set up right.

----------------

I couldn't agree more... If anyone has ever measured their room effects, they'll realise how much more they affect bass frequencies than the subwoofer itself.

----------------

On 10/19/2004 7:30:50 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

Looking through some posts I do not see very much talk here about sub calibration which brings me to believe either its not important or everyone know how to do it.

----------------

I've always wondered about that myself... I guess it's one of those "many users falsely believe its not important" things.

I think it's a fun experiment even if you're not equipped to tame the modes... as it provides a better understanding of Bass and Subwoofers.

Later...

Rob