Are the RF35's the replacements for RF5's?

myriadcorp

I think that the 35s are meant to occupy a niche somewhere between where RF-3IIs were and RF-5s are. I am not sure if RF-5s are going to be phased out anytime soon, but with the coming of the Premiere series, I wouldn't be surprised if Klipsch would trim its reference lineup.

Thanks!

I went with the RF35's for the Left and Right. RC7 for center channel, and RS7's as surrounds.

From what I have read if you match all the reference series they should all sound pretty good together. I didnt have room for RF7's so the next step in what I could find local was the RF35's. Seems like everythings going to fit in ok. I didnt get the Klipsch sub. Instead, I got the SVS PB12plus/2. Cant wait to hear this baby together.

Now I have to figure which I want as the pre/proc, B&K Ref 50, Rotel 1068, or Marantz 8500. Sigh...

My cherry RF-35's just arrived and I replaced my 10 yr old BOSE 601 SERIES III'S.

WOW - what a difference. Like night and day.

(I lost my respect for the BOSE !)

TIGHTROPE, by Stevie Ray Vaugh just screamed out of the RF-35's where they were clouded and dull and even muffled by the BOSE !!

and great base out of these speakers. Very, Very Impressed !!

Worse part is that they arrive the night before I had to leave for a week of biz travel...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !!so I did not get to truely appreciate these babys yet !!

Purchased them from Electronics-expo on line.

Delivered in under 1 week, <$700.

9.gif

----------------

On 10/26/2004 6:18:39 PM RFG-1 wrote:

My cherry RF-35's just arrived and I replaced my 10 yr old BOSE 601 SERIES III'S.

WOW - what a difference. Like night and day.

(I lost my respect for the BOSE !)

----------------

Another Bose convert, who finally saw the light 12.gif.

Yeah, those RF-35's are indeed a very fine speaker. I'd be willing to bet they even blow away the Bose 901s in sound-quality as well.

To answer the original question. No, the RF-35 is not a replacement to the RF-5. They replaced the RF-3II's. The RF-5 is one step up in the line, then the RF-7s, which are the flag-ship speaker of the Reference line.