Welcome any advise to round out system.

colorado30

I am currently piecing together a new home theater system. Presently I have the Center and Sub. The center is the RC-35 and the sub is the RW-12. I would welcome any advice to round out the system. The receiver is a Denon AVR-1905 that will be upgraded later on (can even add an amp to it sooner). The room this is going into is 20 ft wide and 18 ft deep. I have wired the room for 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 (just starting drywall now)

Have a chance at getting a set of RF-5s but think they might be too much for my system. I have been also looking to add RF-35s for the fronts, RS-35s or RB-35s for the rears. Other front choices were RB-75s. Just would like to see what others opinions would be. This will be mostly used for Movies and TV viewing, music around 25%. Thanks for any help or advice!

----------------

On 10/27/2004 4:09:17 PM colorado30 wrote:

I am currently piecing together a new home theater system. Presently I have the Center and Sub. The center is the RC-35 and the sub is the RW-12. I would welcome any advice to round out the system. The receiver is a Denon AVR-1905 that will be upgraded later on (can even add an amp to it sooner). The room this is going into is 20 ft wide and 18 ft deep. I have wired the room for 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 (just starting drywall now)

Have a chance at getting a set of RF-5s but think they might be too much for my system. I have been also looking to add RF-35s for the fronts, RS-35s or RB-35s for the rears. Other front choices were RB-75s. Just would like to see what others opinions would be. This will be mostly used for Movies and TV viewing, music around 25%. Thanks for any help or advice!

----------------

welcome.....i think you should go with the matching speakers as you mentioned above..the rf35s, rs35s will go well with the rw12 and your center...but play around with the rb35 and rs35...buy both and try them out....some like the a direct surround sound...some (including me) like the non direct surround speakers.....its all personal preference....

I think that becomes a matter of choice. I don't think there is that much difference between the RF35s and RF5s in sound output, especially in a HT surround setup if you opt to have your front speakers set to small as many do. AND, this is an important AND, the RF5s are a slightly older design than the RC35 center and may have a slighly different timbre match. Even Klipsch recommends the RC7, not the RC35, as the center to use with the RF5.

Jerry Rappaport

----------------

On 10/27/2004 8:04:09 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

On 10/27/2004 7:44:23 PM caveboy wrote:

Go 4 the RF-5 since u r have a great deal on it..

----------------

Sucks that this don't apply no more. Read the post above yours.

Our hearts go out to you, Colorado.

----------------

Opps!! 14.gif

"lost bid by $1.01 "

Ouch I feel your pain. You may want to consider filling in with something like RB 35/5/75's all the way around and turn all the bass work over to your sub. This will work better if you plan on your system doing double duty work for multichannel music as well as HT.

Nope Atlanta, GA now job moved me here about 6 years ago. Lived in Englewood for 7 years. Just miss Colorado, and Atlanta is not on my top 100 places to live, but you go where the job takes you for now.

How do you like the Denon DVD 2900, I been looking at their DVD's weclome any opinions.

Current Set up: Denon 1905, Klipsch RC35, RB35, RS35 and RW12