Ground Loop Problem Solved!

Bill H.

Had a tech come out and help me solve my ground loop problem.....

Go to www.mcmelectronics.com order part # 33-6925 It is called an Isolator. You just hook it up between your incoming cable, and it connects to the back of my VCR.

All for only 16.95...........

Been trying to remedy this problem for ever!!7.gif Comcast was no help, which I hate calling cause I hate them touching my stuff, and usually know less then me. I bought a scientific altanta drop amp, for 70 bucks cleaned up the pic but made the hum bars even more noticable. My question is do I need one for each tv? or can I place it before it gets to my splitter?

Thanks9.gif

have you tried connecting 2, 300ohm/75ohm converters back to back? (i.e., connect the 75 ohm leads of each converter to the other, so that {Cable}->{300ohm/75ohm}->{75ohm/300ohm}->{Device}). You end up with a female/female coax adapter that should isolate the device from the cable.

Are these diagonal rolling lines (faint)? If so, I get this problem when watching a DVD in progressive scan on my Panasonc 32" HD, from my Panasonic XP30...I have been trying to fix it for over a YEAR, and if anyone has any insight, please let me know.

I have no rolling lines in terms of picture (I'm very familiar with this, as I've done a lot of video editing for broadcast...those lines can actually be recorded while mastering if they're not reolved!), but I am getting some 60 cycle hum when using my Denon AVR 2805. I don't get it when using my Sony TA-P900ES. Both units are used as preamps into a separate power amp. I've narrowed it f=down to the 2805...and I get some annoying buzz when I turn on the TV. It's not the cable TV, as I've removed that with no results. I've got everything plugged into one of those Monster surge protector power strips, and I just ordered one of these:

http://www.action-electronics.com/phciso.htm

so I hope it will help remove the ground loop hum. I'm planning on plugging the isolation transformer into the outlet, then plugging the Monster power strip into the transformer.

Try an isolation plug in each unit one at a time until the loop is broken. This usually happens because they forgot how to design power supplies about 30 years ago. (no transformers)Also if you are using two different supplies to your equipment.

Use only one supply if possible. Then try the coax next.

JJK