Price of Denon AVR-3300

christjared

Do some benchmarking, see what they are selling for on AudioGon, AudioWeb, AudioReview, AudioShopper, etc. Check the completed auctions on eBay and get an average based on all the ones that have sold to get a general idea. I would expect that one in excellent condition with the remote and manual sell for $300 or less. This receiver listed for $1K new and mine cost me $750 from an authorized dealer. I use it in my bedroom system now. You can get a used 4800 for around $750 or so and trust me it is a much better sounding receiver.

LOL, bummer TOM.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=2

There you will find all you need to know. Of course the 1803 will have less power than the newer 3300 or even the latest and greatest 3805. If the 1803 is in your price range then that's the one for you. However, I always try to get close to the newest that way you can get the most enjoyment out of the unit before you need to upgrade again. If you do not need 7.1 or many of the newer features of a new model, save some money & stick with an older one.

Word of caution though, in this hobby, you will no doubt always be looking for somethng better, or some kind of tweak here and there, especially when you happen to see the "latest & greatest" that comes along.