NAD 533 TT-$275 -Worth It?

thebes

Here's the wording from the ad:

NAD 533 turntable, with upgraded acrylic platter, arm stub, and tonearm weight. The NAD 533 is the same table as the Rega P2. With the upgrades, it is comparable to the $750 Rega P3, and it is an amazing value. The turntable does not include a cartridge. I can demo the table for you with a Denon DL-103R cartridge, and I have a new sealed Denon DL-103 cartridge available for $175 if you are interested.

I do have a Shure V15Type 3 I could use with it-$175 for a cart at this time is too steep for me.

I'm just running a basic Sony direct drive TT and looking to upgrade on a tight budget.

Does this also have the Rega tonearm? I have never listened to the Rega but it sure has had alot of good press. I would imagine that it is well worth the price.

The Shure V-15 is a fine cartridge in my mind. I believe you can also upgrade the tip when yours is worn out to the type V. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that forum members.

I'd take a listen if it were me. Randy

NAD 533 turntable, with upgraded acrylic platter, arm stub, and tonearm weight. The NAD 533 is the same table as the Rega P2. With the upgrades, it is comparable to the $750 Rega P3, and it is an amazing value. The turntable does not include a cartridge. I can demo the table for you with a Denon DL-103R cartridge, and I have a new sealed Denon DL-103 cartridge available for $175 if you are interested.

or a