cpsam

Hello all,

My current setup consists of the following:

Fronts: Synergy SF-2

Center: Synergy SC-1

Surround: Synergy SS-1

Sub: KSW-12

Receiver: Pioneer Elite 43TX

I am starting to get the upgrade bug and would really like to move into the Reference line. I have been reading through the spec sheets and the forum and realize that the Reference line is generally much more highly regarded than the Synergy line. My question is which Reference line is a lateral move from my current setup (if such a comparison is possible) and which is an upgrade. It seems as though the 25 series is a lateral move and the 35 series is an upgrade. Is this correct? My room is not very big and only measures approximately 12' x 15'. Given the size of my room, is the 35 overkill? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cpsam,

Welcome to the forum. Why would you spend the time, effort, & $ to "upgrade", and then not move up the speaker chain? Go with the most speaker you can afford, and if you can't afford to upgrade, then wait. 35s are not too much for your room. Some of us have much larger speakers in rooms that size, or not much larger. Go listen, then decide.

SSH

you say that all reference is up...i m not sure.i really think a pair of SF2 is better than a pair of RB10.

they are lots of upgrades possible for you:

you can buy some SF2 to replace your surrounds.change your amp,...

and if you want to change to another line, don t forget the heritage speakers.you can find some heritage speakers for less money than brand new reference speakers.

any way i think sound a matter of taste.

the best is to listen before you buy.

Thanks for the advice so far. I have been out to my local shop and listened to the 25 series and loved them. Unfortunately, as many of you know, the Reference and Synergy lines are not carried by the same shops. Without having to bring them home and do an A/B comparison, I just wanted to get everyone's opinion as to whether you would consider the 25s an upgrade to what I have now. As for the decision between the 25s and 35s I would really hold that for later as I am just in the planning stages of my upgrade. (Of course, I want to get the most for my money) Therefore, I guess that my real question is if you think that the 25s are a step up from my current setup?

With the SF-2's as your initial platform, I'd say the RF-35's are the minimum you should consider for your ears to justify the price up upgrade. You'll hear a difference even with the RF-25's, but the whole point of upgrading isn't to take a tiny step forward. It's to move forward by leaps and bounds.

----------------

On 11/11/2004 10:22:45 AM marksdad wrote:

from synergy to 35's, is a large step, 1 that you will be comfortable with for a long time, and doudou, way to litteral kinda go too far to make a point wouldnt you

----------------

sorry but i don t undesrtand...don t forget english isn t my mother s tong

----------------

On 11/12/2004 4:24:24 AM doudou wrote:

----------------

On 11/11/2004 10:22:45 AM marksdad wrote:

from synergy to 35's, is a large step, 1 that you will be comfortable with for a long time, and doudou, way to litteral kinda go too far to make a point wouldnt you

----------------

sorry but i don t undesrtand...don t forget english isn t my mother s tong

----------------

I didn't understand either, so...

----------------

On 11/12/2004 10:04:51 AM psg wrote:

I didn't understand either, so...

----------------

i think he's saying that comparing an sf2 to an rb10 isn't really fair and more of an extreme example; not what the poster had in mind. but i think doudou was just being facetious, so..................... .

probably would help if he didn't misspell "literal"

of course my example is not very good.

here is a more acurate example:

a new F3 is better than a RF15 or an RF25.because it s an RF3 wich as been relooked.

i think a SF3 or SF2 is also better.

it my opinion.but as i always say, all people don t like the same sound.

it s a matter of taste.