need advice

Ozz

I am ready to replace my back surround speakers (Bostons) with some more Klipsch but I need some advice. I currently have RB 35's for mains, a RC35 center, and RS35 surr. I will be replacing my back surr. but I am not sure which way to go. Should I go with all RS35's or should I put a RC35 out back or maybe two more RB35's? I watch movies mostly and my room dimensions are 13X22FT. Those poor little bostons need a rest. 3.gif

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Im not sure the RF35's will work for my placement issues as mains but If I were to leave the RS35's as surr. for now and go for another set of RB35's for back surr. would that work? Is that something others have done or is it usally advised to stay all RS35's or all RB35's? The RF35 idea sounds tasty but just won't fit up front. I would also have a hard time with placement issues on my side surr. as well if I went RB35's to the side. I guess I will have to stay with the RS35's on the side for now so my next best choice for back surr. would be RB35's? or RC 35?

• Like 1

As someone who uses the RS series as back surrounds, I can tell you that with most 7.1 source material even DPLIIx, the rear channels are matrixed and not discrete. The RS seem to work very well with matrixed sound. If you go to a movie theater you will notice that there are not just two surround speakers on the sides, there is a while row of them down the sides. There are not just two speakers in the rear, there is a whole row of them across the back. What Klipsch does with it's surround design is to take the sound of one speaker and broaden it in the two tweeter design so that it has wider dispersion, more like one would experience from a row of speakers.

Jerry Rappaport