XBox Hacks

Guest David Copenhaver

Guest David Copenhaver

I have tried to Google this, but only come across dozens of websites selling the XBox or cheap mods. Does anyone know of a good website, of tutorial nature, that gives useful and proven information on this topic? Thanks for any help you can give.

www.xbox-scene.com. This place has everything you're going to need. Tutorials on everything, a forum that discusses everything and links to everything. If you're looking to install a mod-chip, I'd suggest an Xecuter 3 chip. Very easy to use and features out the wazoo. I've installed three of those in my friends xboxes with no problems.

*EDIT:* Also, if you have any specific questions, send me a PM... I've been on the modding scene for about two years now and I've kept up on pretty much everything. Sometimes it's just easier than digging through all those tutorials and forums.

Guest David Copenhaver

Thank you for the link and offer. I am not completely certain where I want to start, but I became interested when I was told of someone actually loading games onto the hard drive and running them off of there. I would like to look at mod chips and what benefits one would give me, so I will continue by looking at the site you recommended.

Thanks again. If I need your help, I will definitely take you up on your offer, HamSlap.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe X box or microsoft is trying to crack down on people making mod chips. Anyway I hear that if you have a modded x box don't play on x box live because if they find irregularities then they will ban your video game cd key. Correct me if I am wrong, I hear that from my friend cause they play Ghost Recon 2, I play Ghost Recon 1 on computer. GR2 not coming out till june for computers 15.gif

----------------

On 12/10/2004 6:36:30 AM Jay481985 wrote:

I believe X box or microsoft is trying to crack down on people making mod chips. Anyway I hear that if you have a modded x box don't play on x box live because if they find irregularities then they will ban your video game cd key. Correct me if I am wrong, I hear that from my friend cause they play Ghost Recon 2, I play Ghost Recon 1 on computer. GR2 not coming out till june for computers
15.gif

----------------

Nope, that's not quite right. When they ban you, they ban your system only from Xbox Live (the serial number, but there are ways to get around that which I'll get to in a minute). Secondly there are two ways they'll detect modified hardware and ban you. #1, you sign on Xbox Live with the chip enabled (this isn't really a concern anymore because all current hacked bioses for mod-chips block Xbox Live). Second, if you drop a larger hard drive into your Xbox after signing on Xbox Live, you'll also get banned. Currently, whenever you first sign onto Xbox Live with your Xbox, the Live servers match your system serial number to your hard drive serial number. If either number changes, after that point, you're banned.

Second, if you do get banned, it's reletively easy to get back on. All you have to do is purchase a new EEPROM ID (which contains the system's serial number; check the xbox-scene forums) and reflash the system's bios chip with the newly acquired EEPROM. This in effect destroys all traces of your old system in terms of its identity and gives it a new one. Viola, you're back on Live.

As a side note, I've been running Live on my modded Xbox for several months now. Never had any kind of problem. 9.gif

• 10 months later...