RS7 vs. RB75

ric

ric-as long as you're on this subject, you may as well include an RC-7 as well. I started a thread a little while ago about RB-75s or a pair of RC-7s. If you run a search, you will find mine and a couple others. I haven't taken mine to the dealer yet to A-B the RC and the RBs, but it seems the concensus was that the RCs were superior to the RBs, FWIW.

David

Ric, that is the consensus. The RB-75s are superior to the RS-7s as surrounds, but the RC-7s are superior to the RB-75s as surrounds. There are only three issues: 1) dual RC-7s costs a bit more than a pair of RB-75s, 2) RC-7s on their end may be too big of surrounds for the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), if that is applicable, and 3) RC-7s offer some placement challenges due to their rear porting (should be some distance away from the wall).

However, as to your question, the RB-75s make better surrounds than RS-7s. You do not lose much with respect to movies by going with a RB-75, but you gain much more for music (especially due to the difference in horns).

Carl.

Further listening this weekend, and I am beginning to change my opinions somewhat on the RB-75 vs. RC-7. IF run with very, very high quality amplification, the RB-75 sounds more balanced than the RC-7 at low to mid volumes. This weekend, I have been running my RB-75s in two-channel with my classic Marantz 8B tube amp, and the combination is nothing short of outstanding. So.....when you get to the upper volume levels, the RC-7 still holds the edge, but maybe not so much at lower volumes.

I am now really glad that I did not sell my RB-75s recently like I thought of doing. And again, in answer to your question, RB-75s over RS-7s.

Carl.