Article: PWK Arkansas Speaker Maker

WMcD

Gil, Thanks. This is one of the best articles I've seen on PWK.

From time to time there are threads on the forum wondering about the contrast between Klipschters and the general public.

In this article, one of my favorite responses to a question about what a speaker should do to be popular with the general public. Are most buyers looking for accuracy of reproduction?

Mr. Paul's answer:

"First off, I don't even consider myself a member of the general public. I know that my own requirements in a loudspeaker are those I've discussed. Judging from what contact I have with the general public, though, I have to conclude that 99 percent of the general public doesn't even know what accuracy of reproduction is. My company is for the one percent composed of perfectionsists who buy these expensive speakers."

Thanks DD and DD.

In the microfilm, I can't make out the items in the rest of the picture. Something may be causing PWK to take on the the role of "Grumpy the Dwarf with a gland condition." (The latter is a reference to his stature.)

So I thought some sly comment would ameleorate the harsh grimmace; least anyone get the wrong impression of the man.

Daddy is good to pull that quote. It does sum up the situation well. Some people just don't hear "it". I recall the first time I heard a K-Horn. Thanksgiving of 1974 in Ithaca. All standards changed. As PWK said, it is an ear openning experience.

Best,

Gil