what new Klipsch???

chiroman

You must have a driver, crossover or room problem. In general, La Scalas tend to lack bass, not midrange.

You should have K-55-M squawkers and Type AL networks. Is this correct? Have they been modified? Is there any leakage or discoloration of any of the network components? Are the squawker drivers working and do they have any scratchiness or metallic ringing sounds that are not part of the music?

Where are the speakers placed in the room?

I do have type AL, not sure about k-55-m? There have not been any modification done. There may be slight discoloring in the components. One squawker does make a type of ringing noise in the back where the metal is, so I put a piece of tape over it and it stopped.

They are now in about a 600 sq. foot L shaped room.

Thanks,

Gene

I had an L-shaped bedroom as a teenager. It had some severe standing waves. Where are your La Scalas sitting in the room? I like mine 2 feet from the side wall and about 4 feet off the back wall. I have my subs crossed at 80 Hz. The closer you get to the corner the lower the sub crossover needs to be.

I'd set it at 60 Hz to start and use a sound meter to match the output of the subs and La Scalas. Put the meter at the front edge of the bass horn and an inch off of the grill cloth of the sub and make the readings match when listening to music.

Listen for a while and, without increasing the volume of the sub, move the crossover frequency up a little every few days until you don't have a "hole".

Most people run subs too loud. Subs are not supposed to sound like Circuit City. If you can tell there is a sub in the system, it's too loud.