What FM tube tuner would you buy for $200?

synthfreek

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previously posted by Ryan Inman, of HotGlassAudio. Edited for content out of courtesy for the forum.

You know what Clarke, you're a jerk.

That may be true, but I hardly see how that's relevant.

What in the **** did I ever do to you, really? From my recollection, I did everything I possibly could've to help you when your 299-C had problems. I rebuilt it once, you used faulty EH tubes that caused it to fail (wasn't my problem), and I fixed it for absolutely nothing, I even paid to ship it back to you according to my records. No one else would've done that for you, and you continue to treat me like a piece of ****, what gives?

This is true, and I publicly thanked you for that. A little bit of shipping cost is easily absorbed when pull $100 worth of "gassy" Tele 12AX7.

I also heard your story from KH about the supposed Telefunken tubes. You know what, you never had any. They were all vintage 40's GE long-plates, and they all were faulty. I never removed premium tubes from your equipment for my own personal gain (or from anyone elses equipment for that matter). If you think you were cheated out of some premium tubes, take it up with the ebay seller, I do not have them, I never had them, they never exsisted.

This is where it gets deep and wide, folks. The 299C was not purchased over eBay. It was owned by the deceased father of my boss. I know its history, and there's no way those Tele's were pulled by anyone but Ryan. The only non-original tubes were one or two power tubes (which I'm sure were bad anyhow) and possibly the rectifier. I checked the tubes, both in a tester and in other gear, before I shipped the unit to Ryan. They were fine AND made by Telefunken. You've actually bragged to others about doing this type of thing in the past.

Ben, if there is something you need to discuss with me in a professional manner, my phone number is (724) 228-3237. Otherwise, stop the public harassment. Same goes for any other forum member. I saw my website link posted a while back, and still haven't received a call from any member of this forum other than from fini. I keep hearing stories about how I ripped people off, yet the phone isn't ringing. I'm sick of the NOSValves propaganda.

This has nothing to do with NOSValves and you know it. As a matter of fact, I gave you more than your fair share of the benefit of doubt, and frequently defended you on this forum. Funny how you never gave me your phone number when I was actually a customer of yours, even though I asked you for it on several occasions.

If any of my past customers from this forum ever have a problem with a device I repaired, please do not hesitate to call me. This forum cannot help you resolve the problem, but I can.

And for this forums information, I am not the one selling the second 350-C. I do not know who this person is that supposedly worked for H.H. Scott.

Best of regards,

Ryan

ryancinman@aol.com