Dynaco PAS3 or PAS3x?

Klipschfoot

Traveled to visit my mother today and, on a whim, I stopped at a flea market. In stroke of luck, I picked up a PAS3. I have read about the PAS3x version. How do you tell the difference by simply looking at the bass/treble pots?

I am going to hook it up tonight. It has all original Dynaco tubes and a virtually spotless faceplate with even the on/off switch lettering intact.

Oh yea, the most important stat: $5.00. It was missing one knob for the treble. Cleaned up real good.9.gif

Wow, $5.00 is just ridiculous! Congratulations. The bass pots on the 3x will have a capacitor running from them to the linestage board. Your are suppposed to be able to "feel" an indent or click near the 12 o'clock position on the tone control knobs but on the two 3x's I've had, I couldn't ever feel it. That is the position that is supposed to remove the tone controls from the circuit. I removed the tone controls as well as the loudness switch from the PAS's that I use. I think they sound better that way.