How much of an upgrade moving from RF3 to RF5

Jerry22m

Currently using RC35 along with RB5 surrounds, will upgrade center if necesary in the future. Guess bottom line does performance justify cost. Or would going to a RC7 now and upgrading mains in the future be a more logical approach. Early reply sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

Looks like you are heading in the same direction I took. In the past year I went from RB-35's, to RF-5's, to RF-7's. I upgraded the center from the 25, to the 35, and now the RC-7. I've used the RS25, then the 35, and now RS-7's, and 2 in-walls for my surround back channel. I've noticed an appreciable upgrade in sound with each move. Despite getting a fantastic deal on the RF-5's, I just thought they were a tad bright in my set-up. Trading up to the RF-7's was a good move and I am really enjoying them (they are monsters, and you have to have the room). The RC-7 is without question worth every penny. If I were doing it over, I would skip all the returns and headaches, and go for the 7's all the way around. (However, it is sticker shock, and doing it piecemeal over the past year helped me with the WAF!12.gif )