Speaker Matching KG3.5s

capta

I know this question has probably been asked, but once again...

I purchased a KSC-C1 from ubid last week, and I'm looking at the KG3.5s for the mains. I will probably go with KSB1.1s for the rears as they are still fairly plentiful and cheap. What are your opinions on the use of the 3.5s in this setup? Does anyone out there own KG3.5s or have personal experience with a similar combination; if so how does it sound? Any advice is appreciated.

capta--

I just outfitted my mom's new HT w/ all Klipsch (except for rears) from uBid - exact models you mentioned.

The KSC-C1 is the closest match for the KG 3.5's (I believe the Klipsch recommendation was the KV-3 or something back when they were still being made)...

anyway,

her HT sounds GREAT. The front soundstage is pretty much perfect.

I even had to go with the KSW-10 for size, and it's performing wonderfully in her setup.

Can't go wrong with the prices they're going for now.

------------------

Front: dbx Soundfield V - 15" woofer, 8" mid, ribbon tweet, 3.25" mid & dome tweet on top

Center: KLF C7

Rear Surround: Polk f/x bipole/dipole

Amp: Yamaha RX-V990 100x3; 25x2

DVD: Yamaha DVD S795 (built-in DD Processor)

CD: Yamaha CDC 575 5-Disc

VCR: Toshiba M752 6-head

TV: Mitsubishi 40" Tube

DirecTV

Sony Playstation w/ s-vid & RCA to V990 for awesome gaming picture & sound!

capta,

I too own this same front soundstage combo (KG 3.5 mains & KSC-C1 center). I would not call it perfect...but it matches just fine for my ears. As far as the KG 3.5's go...I like them better than any of the current Synergy Series offerings...and at the prices I'm seeing for KG-3.5's they are a steal! You won't find better in their price range.

Dave

Thanks, guys. I just purchased a two KG3.5s new at ubid for $79 each. Smile.gif Total with shipping came to $250. Still a great deal I think. I got the KSC-C1 for $89, coulda got it for $79 if I'd waited a little. Frown.gif

Say, what kind of bass do the 3.5s put out? Can I get away with not buying a sub, at least temporarily?

Thanks again.

capta,

Great price on the KG 3.5...but I guess they kinda stuck it to you w/ shipping...sounds like a typical ubid experience!

The KG 3.5's are rated down to 35hz. and handle deep bass surprisingly well (for an affordable speaker w/ only a single 8" woofer). Do you need a sub? well...HECK YES! Your speakers will perform admirably until you have saved ample money for a sub...but for HT a sub is pretty much essential.

ENJOY YOUR NEW SYSTEM!

Dave