The wife wins!! (well,so do I)

Tom Adams

As some of you might remember, the wife & I were in Audio Warehouse (local Klipsch dealer) recently and saw a Samsung DLP that the wife fell in love with. I tried to pursuade her with the "it won't fit the TV cavity above the fireplace" argument. But that went down in flames later that night when we got home, she got on the internet, found the dimensions, grabbed a tape measure, and proclaimed, "See??? I told you it would fit! Now what you got to say mister?".

Dammit - foiled again! 15.gif

A couple of days later I stop at Audio Warehouse and ask my salesman friend Mark what kinda price can he give me. While he's crunching numbers he mentions Mitsubishi financing is offering two years same as cash. Uh-oh...not good. I have a Mitsu account that's paid off and I know what the credit limit is. 11.gif

Mark gives me a price, I call the wife, and she says let's think about it. Then I tell her about the Mitsu promo. She says, "Well pull the trigger you dumass! What's to think about?" 6.gif

Naturally I couldn't leave the store with just the TV.11.gif I mean, I'm getting it for her. Shouldn't I get something for me too? 9.gif

So now we got a 46" Samsung DLP TV and the new Denon DVD-1910 DVD player driving it. Haven't had the chance to mess with it much since all we did last night was hook it up, but man - what color! And I was surprised at how nice an image there was with standard cable. Still need to do some setup adjustments, but I'm very happy with this TV.

'Ol Santa better be bringing me my projector for Christmas since I've been such a great husband & all by buying my wife that DLP TV. 2.gif

Tom

You may want to take the DVI output from the DVD player, if you have access to this, directly to the HDTV. This way it is a pure digital video signal and Ohhhh soooo nice of a pic too.

As I am sure you have already figured out, this HDTV is incredible, the colors are just brilliant, and clear too.

You will find over time your own custom "flavour" of brightness, contrast, color, tint, etc., etc., that you like. A good setup disk is a good start and do it at night when everything else is pitch dark and after the HDTV is on for at least 30 min to get everything up and warm too.

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Truly, I am one helluva nice, generous, kind, handsome guy.

(cough, gag, pah-toee)

3.gif9.gif

The model number is HLP4663W/HL. Got it and the Denon for $3K out the door. And yes, one of the reasons for choosing the DVD-1910 was the DVI output. Since this stuff is going in the den, I didn't see the need for any real elaborate DVD player. Now once the projector and screen get up & running, that'll be a different story.

And yes, it's nice having a wife that doesn't just tolerate this hobby, but is an active participant. Kinda weird though when I start to mention something about a pre/pro or an amp or DVD player and before I can finish she says, "Yeah, after you mention so-n-so the other day I went to their website and read up on that model." Yikes! 1.gif

Tom

Hunt asked: "Tom, How can you purchase a Samsung TV on a Mits. account? Are they related? Thanks."

Well, I was wondering that too. That's why I made sure I gave them my account number, got the TV & DVD player, and got the hell outta there before they knew what was what. 9.gif

Seriously though....the promo is really a Mitsu Financing deal which is separate from Mitsu Electronics. Now why they are doing this is beyond me except possibly they're hedging their bets that most folks will not pay off their balance in 2 years and will have all that finance charge acrue & apply or summat.

Tom