Cornwalls In 6.1 home theater

Seeker

Seeker,

The Cornwall makes a very nice HT setup. I have two pairs of Cornwalls which I plan to use in my next room, but right now I just have two CW's up front with a Belle center. While some might say "mismatch", the Belle makes a wonderful center.

I would agree with above that the best you could do is to find one more pair of Cornwalls and put them into front/rear center duty.

The latest Klipsch Reference subs are fabulous so give them a look. SVS and Velodyne get a lot of looks here too.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

Try a La Scala (or Belle) center. I believe that was what the Belle was designed for, and the Belle is essentially (though not quite) a pretty La Scala.

With all of those 15" woofers, you will have plenty of bass. If you want really, really low notes there are a variety of products reviewed in the HT forum here. Two that seem to be strongly thought of are the Klipsch and the SVS.

- Lee

Seeker..

I will be very blunt here... If you have a Cornwall fronts.. ANOTHER Cornwall or in this case an older Cornwall II (look for an older vertical Cornwall II, put it on its side... so the drivers are now horizontal) as your center. THIS is your 100% perfect find.

(This is NOT the Cornwall II introduced around 1983-5 ish?? But an older model)

If you have room in the rears for another pair of Cornwalls, or a Heresey's, this will work too.

Other than the mighty K horn the Cornwall goes the lowest in the older heritage lineup. For that reason, that BIG Klipsch movie theater experience is possible. The Belle and LA Scala do not work as well at all.

In the end the same, the same, the same, across the front will beat out just about anything compromised to be like the sides any day of the week.

The only drawback is the size ... but on the side only roughly 25" tall, so not too tall, off the floor.

BTW, those of us that do have this..7.1 sound (I have 5 Cornwalls (three verticals up front, two in the rears and Heresey's for the side fills... and the new Klipsch THX subs and Klipsch amp) It is hard pressed to think anything else is better.

I may be opinionated some... but at least I have this setup and can vouch for it too.

Trust the words of IndyKlipschFan. I have seen and heard this system and being a Cornwall fan, can vouch that there is no more perfect HT system than for the bucks than an all-Cornwall system! With all that brute 15" power, almost no subs needed, the dispersion is smooth, response and voicing exactly what is needed for HT system and it makes a heck of 2 ch or 2ch w/ effects system as well. Perfectly balanced in every way- accept no substitute. If you already have 4 corns, go the extra mile and make it a complete system.

Michael

your cornwalls deserve another cornwall, or lascalla minimum, the heresy while voiced the same is small as center for the mighty corns, i tried it once, and very soon placed mine as surrounds, and found a lascalla, in my ht experience's the center needs to be on level with the front channels due to the fact that the lions share does come from the center channel, so if you have huge front channels, you need huge center to do the system justice