Heresy upgrade/replacement for Binder Post

Ritz

I have enjoyed the banter and well informed comments in the 2 months I have been auditing this site. Clearly a cast of characters with apparent knowledge and senses of humor.

I just received an ebayed 1982 Heresy pair (137x362/63) for which I admittedly probably overpaid but I was hot and in pursuit and it was almost 2 a.m in the bar and I was looking to score...so, it came with a broken binder post on 1 speaker (occurred after purchase but prior to transport) that led me to only get to enjoy comparing 1 speaker to my kg2's (pleasant difference to say the least) at this point. I will post pictures later (don't have the little cable with me at work today) - When I opened the one speaker, it was clear no one had done so before. The pristine interior condition really caught my attention.

Anyway, as to the subject matter, my research of prior postings on this topic did not leave me with a good understanding as to what, if any, concerns there are with a purported upgrade in the binder posts and whether or not someone has a tried a and true suggestion? I am not looking to keep the speaker for collectibility so the fact that it may not be OEM is not a concern at this point. I found a part on PartsExpress (#091-1245) that Bob Crites suggested to me.

Comments are appreciated and I thank you in advance. *** busting is ok, too - thick skin here.

Gerry Ritzert

Hey Gerry, you haven't filled out your system profile yet!. Hardly *** busting material, but that's the best I could come up with, as you didn't leave us much to work with. 9.gif

I've just installed those Dayton HD posts on some DIY TL's, and are very nice for the money. 16.gif