buying khorn

rob white

Hi I need some advice asap please I have been afan of klips for years but as I suff the web I see all these speaker brands out there and not being a electronics majior or or speaker builder and having a chance to buy apair of khorn for 1850.00 what what be your feed back on klips and the hi end speakers out there thanks Rob

Rob,

You'll find the folks on this forum a little biased toward Klipsch vs other brands. In my opinoin, and most others here, there's no better speaker for the money than used Klpisch, particularly the Heritage line of which khorns are #1. Do you have good corners? Are you willing to bring a huge pair of speakers home? If so, khorns are the way to go. As Bill said, post some more info on the pair you're looking at and we can provide more info regarding their monetary value.

I had La Scalas for the better part of my life and I just recently acquired the Khorns. Certainly my choice was influenced by my passion for Klipsch, but it was also influenced thanks to the tremendous help from those of this forum.

I have been listening to them for about a month, after some proper sealing, and I am still blown away by the sound.

It's the only speaker that can actually bring tears to my eyes and provoke such an emotional response when listening to classical sympthonies such as " Canon", " Morning".

No other speakers,and I have listened to many, has ever had such a profound impact.

I think that's truly the " Klipsch Experience " and the best summation of the Khorns and the sound they produce.

Hey, I'm a " cool newbie ". Pretty soon I'm going to be a " no life " like most of you guys.

IMHO.

Cheers

1.gif1.gif3.gif

SP1's are also good speakers, but you probably want to listen to them first if you can. Also, some who have used them indicate having a built-in subwoofer is a mixed blessing - yes, they're nice and compact (versus have a separate subwoofer(s) to place), but OTOH you have no flexiblity WRT to where you place the subs, and sometimes the subs would sound better located in a different place than where the rest of the speaker sounds best.