Cornwalls for $1,900??

Radiohead

Do any of the historians on the Forum have original costs for say Cornwalls of different eras? It'd be an interesting economic excersie to see which models have held their value the best over the years. Place your bets gentlemen and ladies, the original Klipschorn, LaScala, Cornwall, Heresy or any of the other genres of Klipsch speakers. If you can provide original costs at various dates and/or recent sale prices and conditions, I'll crunch the numbers with weighted dollar values to declare a winner of the 'Klipsch Speaker that best Hold Value'.

Michael

These Cornwalls are/were in my neck of the woods and I talked to him several times about some other things. He was selling off some VERY nice historic audio things.

These 1978 Cornwalls are mint and included the original boxes.

I have a pair of 1980's that are as mint or better, but I digress...

To my knowledge the previous record was $1850.00 that "Clip and Shorn" paid for a pair of 1978 CBRs about 3 years ago.

It's amazing to see that there are vintage collectors out there who are just as, if not more so, concerned with aesthetics than audio quality. This is not a knock on Cornwalls, but rebuilding retro rooms, systems, whatever, drives the market of mint vintage equipment just like furniture. I saw an Eico HF-81 sell for about $650 just because it was one-owner, all original, and routinely maintained.

Great to see it happen. It is good for all here. Gary did you happen to keep those zebra Cornwall boxes?

Unfortunately, my boxes self-destructed about 3 years ago. I had them under the house and the moisture killed them. They were used to move them every place they've ever been. Since I don't plan on moving for a long, long time, and I have no plans to sell them, I'm not too concerned.

BTW - I paid $1400 for my zebras new in July, 1980. I still have the original receipt and all paperwork and brochures.