'strap them in triode mode"

Coytee

Well, "triode mode" means wiring a beam power tube or other tetrode or pentode as a triode (i.e., only using one grid); something you can certainly do with a KT-88.

"Strapping" most likely means taking two (or more!) of your triode-mode KT-88's and wiring the outputs in parallel (I am thinking of a single-ended topology, but push-pull parallel works) to increase the output power (which was substantially decreased by going to "triode mode").

A little bit circuitous, but something one can do if one wants to.

Mine have a switch on my Dynaco's that i can flip between Class A Triode and AB Ultralinear. I prefer Triode since it deepens the soundstage, smooths out the highs and mids,it basically makes the music more natural and laid back sounding, not as edgy as in Ultralinear mode, and since I had 60 watts to start with, I end up with 30watts per amp in triode mode which is still more than enough on my efficient RF-7's or any Klipsch speaker for that matter.9.gif