Good seller, good guy - Redtop

rplace

I bought the HBR Heresys that Brad Marshall (Redtop) was selling a couple of weeks back. All I can say is great packaging and excellent communication. Brad was a pleasure to deal with and an all around nice guy. I would not hesitate to do business with him again, nor should you.

Thanks, Brad

Thanks Rich. You are very kind to express your sentiments in a public way. As a buyer you were very straighforward to deal with as well. The check even cleared the bank...2.gif (just kidding guys...it was a money order) 9.gif

For the rest of you goons...

As a public service for those interested I will post some pics of the packing of the Heresy's. In hopes they will help someone else when they are ready to ship a speaker.

The first pic shows the foam corners taped in place.

speaker_ship1.JPG

post-10757-13819259650896_thumb.jpg

In the interest of public service the only recommendation I would make as the receiver of the package would be to giggle/settle the peanuts then add more to make them denser. They settled a lot during shipping and there was lots of air space. This let the box become beat up and mushy instead of stiff. But since they arrived safe and sound I am not complaining.

Thanks again, Brad

Nice job packing and thanks for the Public Info spot showing how it's done. I'm expeceting some K33 woofers from CA to Indy and it scares me to death.

One more little hint to add, if I may. Before any packaging, or just before peanut phase, wrap the speaker in a heavy garbage bag. This will a)protect from humidity changes during shipping b)protect to some extent from box being left in rain or dropped in puddle c)keep peanuts and peanut dust from clinging to grille cloth. Otherwise, excellent job.

Agree with the peanut shaking and settling approach. Another sheet of cardboard, just under where the receiver might cut packing tape open with a knife, will protect the speaker from the errant 'cut' mark.

Thanks for allowing me to add to your already excellent instructions.

Michael

I knew you guys would find something to add! 4.gif9.gif

Rich,

I did give them a wiggle/shake or two and then added more peanuts. Sorry to hear I didn't give it enough shake, rattle and roll...6.gif I'll do better next time...1.gif

BTW, thanks for the additions to my public service announcement. That's what makes this forum great and I always benefit from the shared experience of others.

Redtop