Record Cleaning Thingy

dgb

I got one last year, and I love it. But....the salesman on ebay is going a little over board on the capabilities of this product. And it`s not new. It`s been around for a few years.

First... understand, this is not for doing a deep cleaning of your records. It`s a substitute, or a second option to a Hunts brush. It`s sticky, but not enough to even pick up a record off your turntable. Not even close. And it leaves absolutely no residue. It really is a space age material.

After VPI-ing a record I use it to pick up any surface dust that appears between plays. It really works, and is soft enough so that that it reaches down into the grooves. After it gets a bit dirty I just use a clean wet sponge with light soap to wipe it off, then rinse with warm water and let it air dry.

And BTW, the seller`s price is excellent. I paid about 40 bucks for mine last year. They were selling for that or more on ebay.

I highly recommend this product for light maintenance of your already clean LPs.

Yes, the high shipping is a scheme to pay eBay less commission. You can sell a $40 item for $10 and charge $30 shipping. Then you pay eBay commission only on the $10.

eBay knows about this practice, but can't do too much about it unless it is flagrant.