RC-7 center and RS-7 surrounds with K-Horns

78Khorn

Welcome to the forum. That is how I had my RS7s set. The RC7 is a full range speaker, you should be able to set it to large, however, some say they get better results by setting it to small. More clarity. I don't run my setup in the traditional sence ( i have 2 sets of side surrounds and a single rear ), so, take my advice for with a grain of salt. 1.gif

Oh and watch out... The heritage police will be here any time suggesting you get some hershies for surrounds to match up with your KHorns and a Belle for a center. 9.gif

You have been warned.

I used RS-7's with my k-horns and thought they did a great job with video and music ambience, but the match was not so good with SACD/DVD-A discs if the mix placed music in the surrounds. I then switched to Heresy surrounds, and felt they were quite a bit better match with surround music, and only lost a little in the ambience department. It really comes down to a matter of preference and priorities.

I just found out that Klipsch won't be building my RS-7s until the end of January. I also found out that for an additional $150 I could purchase a pair of Heresy's instead of RS-7s for my surrounds. If I understand the opinion of most people on the forum, I would be better off with the Heresy's to match my K-horns. Comments anyone?

78 Khorn

I would never use RS anything other than side surrounds. Today's modern surround systems demand full-range, DIRECTIONAL speakers for the rear surrounds and the Heresy would be ideal for this purpose. You can always get the RS later and Heresy will always have a purpose in your home somewhere.

Michael

----------------

On 12/9/2004 11:06:43 PM m00n wrote:

Welcome to the forum. That is how I had my RS7s set. The RC7 is a full range speaker, you should be able to set it to large, however, some say they get better results by setting it to small. More clarity. I don't run my setup in the traditional sence ( i have 2 sets of side surrounds and a single rear ), so, take my advice for with a grain of salt.
1.gif

Oh and watch out... The heritage police will be here any time suggesting you get some hershies for surrounds to match up with your KHorns and a Belle for a center.
9.gif

You have been warned.

----------------

That is really funny, Moon. And, very accurate.

There may be global peace and prosperity before Reference and Heritage owners arrive at some common understanding, etc. As for me, I'll remain the hybrid/freak. I love both my Reference and my Heritage stuff.

Carl.