Thank you Allan Songer for a "Mint" Blue Note.

jazman

I'd like to take a moment to thank Allan publicly for the opportunity to purchase a "Near Mint" copy of the vintage, and rare, Blue Note LP, "Little Johnny C". This is an example of under promising and over delivering. Alllan's rating of "Near Mint" condition for this LP, should have been stated as "Mint" condition. I have many. many, years of experience buying Jazz LP's, and the condition of the vinyl of this LP is simply unbelievable. Better than ALL of the brand new 180 gram and 200 gram LP's I've purchased the last 6 months to a year. The packing of the LP would withstand almost anything short of being run over by a two ton vehicle.

There should never be any doubt when Allan grades the condition of an LP, or if it will survive the gauntlet of "whatever" parcel delivery service and arrive safely at it's destination.

Anyone who would say differently, simply does not know what the hell they are talking about.

Allan Songer, Thank You!!!

Klipsch out.

PS. The musicians performances on this LP are delicious.

c2661032o5l.jpg

This is a great record. Even though it is EXCEEDINGLY rare as an "original" pressing, there seems to be a great number of later "Liberty" pressings floating out there--both in blue/white labels and solid blue labels. The later pressings which sound REALLY good (still RVG masters) sell for about $20 on ebay and you see them on ebay every few weeks--I think Gary got one for about ten bucks eariler this year. Originals sell for up to $250.

Joe Henderson joins Coles on the front line and all the tunes and arrangements are from Duke Pearson. Quite a few of you around here have been enjoying "Wahoo!" from Pearson and this date is somewhat of a bookend to that one. Henderson and Coles are on fire!

For those of you who would like to check this out and either don't have a vinyl rig or don't want to wade through ebay listings on a regular basis, you can still get this one on CD as a Japanese import--there was a domestic CD release but I am afraid it has gone out of print.

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2689335

UPDATE! $11 on ebay "Buy it Now" GO FOR IT! You will thank me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4058312721&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Or if you are looking for vinyl:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4058285859&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I don't remember exactly what I paid but it was under $20 and is an EXCEPTIONAL album. I like just about anything with Duke Pearson but he's just icing on the cake on this one although he did write and/or arrange all of the songs. I listen to it at least once every couple of weeks.

I've purchased many LPs from Allan also and they are ALWAYS under-graded.