Should I upgrade or not?

jpm

I've lived with two RF35s, a RW12 sub and a Denon PMA2000 int. amp + Denon CD player for about a year now. My music listening is casual at best and usually involves a couple glasses of wine, and my GF telling me to turn it down... beyotch! Anyway, most of the time the volume is low to medium and actually the sound is quite good.

The question: Judging by the above scenario, wouldn't I just be pissing money away to spend another $1000 to $2000 on upgraded speakers, etc...? I'm thinking I'll only improve things by 10% or so with the "uncritical" listening style I have, and I could use the extra money on hookers and booze instead. What do you guys think?

Nupe, just 2 channel. I have a nice standard Sony 27" tv... nuthin fancy but that's OK by me. Seriously, I consider trading in my crap and upgrading to the RF7s, but just keep thinking that the extra grand needed isn't gonna give my much return at the moderate listening levels I use. Oh I know, they're real pretty wood and all, and the horn is bigger, but like I said, the 35s sound pretty good now. BTW, I moved in the present GF and her crappy furniture and it required getting rid of my 1970 something Cornwalls and Klipsch's nice 15" sub. for the extra room in the living. G'damn wimmin.

Maybe you could invest in a real nice pair of headphones. Also listening at moderate levels doesn't mean you shouldn't have the best loud speakers you can afford. If we are really honest with ourselves, most listening takes place at low to moderate levels anyway. Go for the RF-7's if you want to... You get more for your money than just fancy veneer.