harmon kardon 7200

chambers1517

Yeah....$109 is crappy especially since you end up paying so much for the unit itself. I'm sure the cost is due to the SPL meter within the remote. Most remotes are "dumb" and only point and click. This puppy listens and makes recommendations...well....sort of......

I just bought the Phillips universal/learning remote($14.99) for my system about 2 weeks ago so I can put the main remote behind locked cabinets. Once I set my sysetm up I only need it(the "real" remote) once in a while to tweak (I try not to tweak very often....it drives my family craaaaaazy!). I just put the basics of all my equipment in there. It even let me program my IR light dimmer into it as well.

It does have the HK codes in it so maybe if you got a nicer one than the cheesy $15 one I got, it might, might, might have what you need without having to "teach" (which would defeat your purpose since you don't have anything to teach with).

Sorry...not much help here.....

I bet you can get a replacement of your remote on one of those internet websites where they sell you refurbished "ORIGINAL" remote of your unit (TV/DVD/RECEIVERS/etc.).

I would however STRONGLY DISCOURAGE you on getting them though. My JVC TV remote crapped out on me and wanted an original replacement. JVC site was selling it for more than $100 buckaroos. Went with the internet stuff cost it cost something around $35. Worked flawlessly for a month or so and then some of the button functions started to go haywire.

I would never ever again buy remote replacement unless they are from the manufacturer.

• 7 months later...