EBAY Alert!!! THREE Academy's for sale...Buy It Now $1800

cob1708

ebay # 5737949741

In case any of you have $1800 to spend...There are three Academy's for sale on ebay...

Will they go for for a fast "Buy it now" option of $1800?

Any guess what they will go for?

It should be interesting. I would think the seller could have sold then separately and in the end he would had made more money...

Let the fun begin!!!9.gif

I have been pondering the notion of buying these. I need some room in the rear and my '62 Cornwalls are taking up alot of it, especially since I have Khorn's in back.

I could use two in place of the Cornwalls and sell off the third to someome but I don't know if I could bring myself to do it.

Well...that sure didn't take long. $1800 for three Academy's is about the going rate. I wonder if the person who bought them will use them in a HT system or will he keep one and sell the other two?

I think the prices these Academy's are getting I am going to monitor the local newspapers as I travel throughout the Midwest and down south. Who knows...maybe I will stumble on some good deals.

9.gif

The mystery bidder is revealed.me.

Kind of funny story I was composing this very related message

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=58117&sessionID={0E7922A4-B5E1-4F87-BA01-A786920DFB8A}

when I decided to check ebay for an Academy. I was shocked to see the 3 up for bid. Not a great price at allbut certainly market value as of late. I was very surprised at the OO one that went for 680, as I had requested pix from the seller and it is in way worse shape then the black ones up today.

I currently have an exceptional OO and my plans are to use either 2 of the Academys for sides or all 4 (3 from auction and mine) for rears/sides of a 7.1 set up. If I go the all 4 route I will need to Trade my OO Academy for a black one as I think having on Oak one in a batch of four might look odd.

Anybody have three OOs they want to trade for three black ;-)

Mine is black, and I would trade for a "OO" one. Mine is not perfect though, it has minor ding or two and it appears as if someone used like six tiny eye hooks to suspend it at one point in time. It has like six pinhead sized screw holes in the top of it, it appears the original owner filled them in pretty good though and they are not as evident.

I'll keep you in mind. I want to first get the new ones...try various combinations of Heresy and Academy in the back (6.1 and 7.1) before I decide if I will *need* 4 black ones. Assuming 2 heresys and 2 academys fit and work well in my 7.1 set up. I will keep the OO for my current TV area and be looking to get rid of one of the balck Academys.