Well I tried

maxg

to buy the Klipsch Ultra 2 speakers for the computer - and Laios - the distributor, hasnt brought them in - and wont until the new year at the earliest.

Bugger, bugger, bugger!!

So I am now listening to a 2.1 set of Altec Lansing VS 3121 speakers and very nice they are too. Volume is not huge on these - but they are quite clear and the sound spreads nicely between the main speakers. I have tucked the sub under the desk for now - it kinda tells you there is bass there -without making it obvious.

There is a little control box with main volume, sub and treble along with a button for SFX. SFX is some kind of mock surround sound - doesnt seem to do anything dramatic so I have it off at the moment.

I dont think these are going to win any awards but for 70 euros they are fine for Chuckie to watch DIVX movies and ocasional listening to MP3 which I am doing now.

At least they definitely sound better than the built in speakers on the portable computer I am using in the office at home.

And in case anyone is wondering - I am at home with 'flu - all i have to do not is to explain to SWMBO how it is that I was not well enough to go into work but I was well enough to go and buy these....

Max,

Sorry to hear you are sick with the flu. I hope you are able to wear out the virus and return to feeling better and stronger... soon.

That is a bummer on the Ultra's. I don't know if it would be workable on your end, in terms of A/C requirements, but it would be easy enough for a forum member in the US to FedEx a pair to you if Klipsch cannot ship them directly. Just let me know. I imagine that I might even be able to avoid the temptation to open the package (just to test before shipping, of course) and expedite the Ultras across the world to your house. 1.gif

----------------

On 12/16/2004 10:57:04 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

Max,

Sorry to hear you are sick with the flu. I hope you are able to wear out the virus and return to feeling better and stronger... soon.

That is a bummer on the Ultra's. I don't know if it would be workable on your end, in terms of A/C requirements, but it would be easy enough for a forum member in the US to FedEx a pair to you if Klipsch cannot ship them directly. Just let me know. I imagine that I might even be able to avoid the temptation to open the package (just to test before shipping, of course) and expedite the Ultras across the world to your house.
1.gif

----------------

That is a very nice offer DD - sadly our electrical systems are not compatible so unless the Ultra's work on a switchable power unit it is not really workable.

Plus - I only just survived SWMBO's seeing the first set - a second and I would be history!!

----------------

On 12/16/2004 8:01:27 AM maxg wrote:

And in case anyone is wondering - I am at home with 'flu - all i have to do not is to explain to SWMBO how it is that I was not well enough to go into work but I was well enough to go and buy these....

----------------

Got the bug myself, Max. We've got some very hot weather at the moment, and the summer flu always feel worse for some reason. Hope you feel better soon, Max.