Your opinions on KG 3.2?

meuge

I am looking into several different speaker possibilities for my parents' music only 2-ch system and these were one of the speakers that caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone here has/has heard them and could share their opinion. I'm also curious to find out what a pair should cost, if someone knows.

The speakers I am looking for have to meet some very specific requirements - firstly -> they must be no wider than 30cm (the KG 3.2s are a couple cm wider, but it should be fine), secondly -> they must not be floorstanders (again, the 3.2s at their 65cm height, are probably the tallest possible speaker my parents would tolerate (and they're short enough to be put on short stands and look like bookshelves). And finally, they must have a picture-perfect wood finish no lighter than medium darkness cherry, but preferably darker. Oh, and the face of the speakers must be perfect as well (my parents like bare cones - grills off).

And here's the bad news -> they must be <$300. As you can see, I am in a bit of a pinch. If anyone has suggestions, with regards to which other Klipsch or even non-Klipsch speakers I should consider for this role, I will be really happy to hear them.

Thanks!

Getting kg 3.2's for less than $300 should not be a problem. Finding the desired condition and finish might be a problem. I owned a pair of 3.2's and really liked them. Great sound from a small package. Another good bookshelf option might be the kg2. They are smaller and less expensive than the 3.2's. Posting on this forum should turn up a few options, as well as *bay auctions. There is also audiogon.com. Also drop by a few of your local pawn shops I have gotten many great deals on speakers and electronics from pawn shops.

DSCN4173a12.jpg

My brother had a pair of walnut KG 3.2s driven by his 12 watt per channel Dared VP-16 tube amp, and the sound was sweet and dynamic! A perfect 2-channel combination, sonically speaking. Had he not lost interest in stereo playback in favor or his latest 5.1 HT system (Yamaha power driving Triangle Zephyrs), he'd still have kept the Klipsch/Dared audio setup.

post-11084-13819259950608_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 12/16/2004 11:04:07 PM jt1stcav wrote:

My brother had a pair of walnut KG 3.2s driven by his 12 watt per channel Dared VP-16 tube amp, and the sound was sweet and dynamic! A perfect 2-channel combination, sonically speaking. Had he not lost interest in stereo playback in favor or his latest 5.1 HT system (Yamaha power driving Triangle Zephyrs), he'd still have kept the Klipsch/Dared audio setup.

----------------

Thanks for that insite. I've got a pair of KG 3.5s collecting dust and I've been contemplating a 2 channel setup for my study. The Dared VP 16 is the amp I am considering, but have been hesitant since I previously had no human input on how they would sound with the KGs. Your post was a fortunate act of fate.

Thanks again

Jerry Rappaport