Kt-66,6l6 or el-34?

hightone

I currently use svetlana 6l6's (8pcs)in a ear 834 integrated amp. It's time to do some tube rolling. I am looking for opinions on what brand and tube might sound the best. The amp will accept the three types of tubes.

I listen to mainly classic rock, vintage blues, and small combo jazz thru a pair of cornwall II's.

Also It uses 1 pair of ecc83's and 1 pair of ecc85's ant suggestions of these would be welcome.

Thanks,

Joel

you might want to go back to el34's ... ifn' ya want to experiment, swap out the first 12ax7a for a 12 au7, or at7 .. lower gain in the preamp, you will drive the power amp harder for the same volume .. mmmmmnn ... tube distortion...er ... i meant "warmness" .. for you audiophiles who seem to like that term

you can freely swap any of the 12/ XXX 7 pin tubes

no bias, or any adjustments needed ...9.gif

whoops ... "freely swap any of the 12/XXX " PREAMP tubes ... is wot i meant ... one of them is a driver/ phase inverter for the power tubes .. yea .. you can swap that one too .. but it will give the reverse effect of what we are lookin' for here .. more preamp drive needed, not as pleasing as power stage "warmness" ....

5.gif