CD player with analog connections

sire

I recently purchased a new stand for the tv and audio equipment. This allowed me to revive my yamaha cd changer with analog connections. (more room) I have been playing cds in my pioneer dvd/sacd/dvda player with coax digital connection to my receiver.

Could be my ears but the old cds just seem to sound, for no better description, better through the yamaha instead of the pioneer. Even when I had selected the 5 analog connections on the pioneer. I doubt the yamaha is better.

Could it be me? Maybe I listened the cds through the yamaha so long I was used to it?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

Mike

having had both in house i can say they both have different sounds, the pioneers i have had and listened to were a more balanced sounding machine, and the yammies i got rid of quickly, they were just to bright for my ears, so yes there is a difference, maybe the yammie fits your listening demands a bit better than the pioneer

Standard CD's will ALWAYS sound better on a decicated CD player vs. a DVD player especially when it's a cheap to mid priced one. CD's just sound harsh, edgy and nasty on a run of mill DVD player.

I think you have to get to the level of the Denon 5900 or 3910 before CD's will start sounding decent on a DVD player.

I use an analog DBX DX5 CD player for CD playback and my Denon DVM-4800 for DVD & DVD-A playback.