FS - AES SE-1 SET amplifier

greg928gts

AES SE-1.jpg

Wow, what a horrible picture, sorry, I'll take a couple more shots when I get a chance.

I've owned this amp for about 2 years now and it's always worked flawlessly. It really sounds very nice with a pair of Khorns or La Scalas. Even though I've owned 50 other amps in the last 2 years, this is the one I always went back to in my living room Khorn system.

One of these recently sold on ebay for $800, but it was an upgraded one and in a lot nicer cosmetic condition than mine. Mine has a couple of rough spots in the paint on the chassis and the transformers are a little rusty. Certainly not a show piece.

I'm using Centron 300b tubes in it. I like the sound of these better than the Sovtek or China tubes.

$500 plus shipping.

I'll pack this up really good. I'll also include another pair of used China 300b tubes.

If you'd like to try the SET sound, here's a good way to get into it. You'll always be able to sell it and get your money back.

I did some research to try and determine a fair selling price, but the ebay one was the only I found to go on. My goal was to set a fair price for this, if I'm off base, please let me know and I'll adjust.

Greg

post-11090-13819260001068_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that's an exaggeration. Although I have had a chance to try a lot of different amplifiers over the last couple of years because I bought and sold so much gear.

The point is that no matter what I tried, I still liked going back to the AES. It was the right amp at the right time in the right place for me. 2.gif

I still want more power, and I'm determined to find a way to get it without giving up the beautiful sound of my SET amps. I'm working on it.

But in the meantime, I thought I'd offer this amp here before putting it up on ebay.

Greg