TRON

ygmn

WOW, that title takes me back. Indianapolis has long been used as a test market due to our lazy nature and plethora (a whole lot) of movie theatres per capita. I think we fit the middle-Americana marketing model as well.

Saw Tron at Glendale Cinema before the animation was complete. They wanted to test screen how audiences would react to the 'computer-generated' phenomena which I believe was a first of some sorts with Tron. Wasn't this a Disney adventure?

Michael

----------------

On 12/22/2004 1:45:30 PM damonrpayne wrote:

I heard for years that they were making a sequel with modern CG. Did that project die?

----------------

I've heard the same thing also, and to be honost, I really don't know. They did make a computer game, Tron 2.0, which I do have, and is actually pretty darn good. I was hoping to see if they made a new movie.

I've always enjoyed this movie, and yes, I do have the DVD (and well as a VHS version). In fact, this was one of the first movies I tried after upgrading the HT to the current Klipsch setup.

Than again, being the computer geek that I was then and now, I've always thought that whole computer/video game thing was cool.

Also, the story is almost prophetic. A fascist sounding "Master Control Program" that was buggy and won't let you do anything? Hmmm.... Did these guys see Microsoft Windows coming or what? 11.gif

----------------

On 12/24/2004 12:37:54 AM damonrpayne wrote:

---and saying "Hey, that guy plays The Dude in Big Lebowski"

----------------

This goes to show the age factor, I guess... I remember being a realy young kid ( around 7 or 8 yrs old) and watching this film in the theater, then when it first came out on video, wore that disney film out on both laserdisc, AND vhs... now got the dvd!

As for Jeff Bridges, (also when I was younger)I saw him on the movie "Starman," and immediately wondered where his memory disc was...

• 4 weeks later...