Premiere Speakers??

havicwind

I saw these at CEDIA this last year. Not hooked up. And the sub has a 18" passive woofer in front, with a 15 " rear woofer too. Looks huge.

I have more of a concerned feeling with the newer Tweeter (opening seems small with an even more so skinny horn?

The tweeter in the middle? Just how it all sounds?

Maybe it is just me?

----------------

On 12/24/2004 1:50:28 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I have more of a concerned feeling with the newer Tweeter (opening seems small with an even more so skinny horn?

Maybe it is just me?

----------------

I can't afford them, so I'm not really worried where the tweeter is.2.gif

----------------

On 12/24/2004 1:50:28 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I saw these at CEDIA this last year. Not hooked up. And the sub has a 18" passive woofer in front, with a 15 " rear woofer too. Looks huge.

Maybe it is just me?

----------------

Indy, the tweeter in the middle might be a better idea. That would put it more at ear level. Since much of the localization of sounds is in the HF range the artists won't be overhead. The size of the horn is dependent on the frequencies it is designed to emit. A larger horn can get "beamy" at higher frequencies limiting the soundstage perception.

Damon, True but not everyones wife's are as understanding as mine and allow Khorns, Heresys, a Lascala etc. Some people have to be content with "mere" Reference systems.2.gif

I think that the Premiere will be giant killers in their price range. Going after speakers two to four times their price. If Klipsch can find more high end retailers for their products, they will do well with the Premieres IMHO. It gives someone with a Reference "7" system upward mobility.

Rick