friend switching to klipsch ?

seti

I have a friend who wants to scrap most of his audio gear and start over with some Heresey's. The intent is to watch AG and ebay till he can spot a pair a little under $400 which is doable you just need patience. The first thing he wants to sell are these strange pioneer speakers (image attached) there are 4 of them so my guess is that it was suposed to be part of a late seventies quadrophic system. I have heard these and they don't sound good to me all mid/hi. I was wondering if they could be collectable to pioneer fans if so where do they hang? Any advice appreciated.

thanks

post-15544-13819260042424_thumb.jpg

Thanks I would feel bad trying to sell them here I mean they really sound awful.Part of the problem is we don't know exactly what they are or where to set the reserve. They make nice little tables and a good conversation piece but the second you listen to them you think ah thats crap then.

These look like they could be part of Pioneer's HPM series, which used a polymer diaphram to create omnidirectional sound. Even if they're not, I bet he could find a sucker, er, I mean buyer, over at Audio Aslyum. There is still a quadrophonic cult out there and somebody would probably snap those up. Not to mention the electronics. Many folks (myself included) miss our battleship Pioneer receivers of the early 80s.

----------------

On 12/26/2004 2:02:18 PM Shade wrote:

Not speaker related, but is that receiver a sx-1980? If so, that thing was a monster.

----------------

I should have said not an actual photo but one I found one the net found a pic of it but no description. I think it is an sx though I think hugemongus describes it lol...

Hmm I'll check the audio asylum...Thanks again