Crackling noise accompanies volume change

JDrury5

Hey, My promedias are almost 4 years old and are still working great, however i have noticed recently that when i adjust the volume, it is accompanied by a crackling noise that is emitted by the speakers. I read the FAQ on the klipsch website, and it said to apply rubbing alcohol to the plugs that go into the back of the speakers. I did this but it still crackles. Did i not do it correctly, or well enough, or is something else causing this annoying noise?

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!9.gif

The volume control pot is very likely your problem. I've seen (or at least heard) this happen to lots of volume controls in the past - both Klispch and non-Klispch.

What Dodger suggest will work for the short term and generally will only relocate the dust. If you're lucky, the problem will clear itself up with the full rotations - however, be prepared for it to happen again (the dust got in there in the first place, right?). If you're un-lucky, you will find that the control will still have some dust and usually where you like having the volume set at (Murphy's Law as it applies to volume controls).

My suggestion is to clean and condition the pot using a product called Cailube MCL. I've done numerous post to people about cleaning their pots with Cailube MCL - just do a search for it and you'll find my post - includes instructions as well.

• 3 weeks later...