Replace KT80's with KT90's NOW

DRBILL

I know I could having mono blocks but have no idea on your stuff. There might be a problem with the 90's being more efficient and sounding better just because they are louder, I've heard it is a sales trick. Any body else here know.

Just off the top of my head if you have a way to bias all the output tubes I don't see how it would hurt the amp. If you have a way to to balance out the output it would be kool to try. Randy

• 7 months later...

----------------

On 1/13/2005 9:17:17 PM DRBILL wrote:

Looking back over the postings for this subject, I would like to make a blanket correction. The KT90 is a replacement for the KT88. If you get old enough you'll know how this happens. I don't even know if these IS such a thing as a KT99!

Sorry! I'll blame it on my fingers (couldn't be my mind)!

DR BILL

----------------

DrBill,

Not to worry, there is a KT99. They are pairs of super selected KT90's.

If anyone is interested I've got a Cary SLI-80 signature f/s that would include a matched quad set of KT-88's and a matched quad set of KT-90's (Yugoslavian) plus many other "exotic" tubes (per Upscale Audio). E-mail me if interested since the forums will be down over the weekend. BTW I would be interested in selling the KT-90's separately.