One ugly Khorn score - pictures

greg928gts

Greg,

Great score on the walnut pair and the "D" model. It ain't pretty, but is a cool piece. The WhiteWater Tavern in Little Rock had a pair of those hanging upside down in the corners of their main room. Played LedZeppelin LOUD back in the 70's.

Can't quite imagine how it would have been, but wouldn't be a surprise if it wasn't installed somewhere that only the top half was exposed and needed paint. That's one cool crossover, too.

So what year are the walnut's?

KB-WO from 1979.

I'm going to have a hard time selling these!

The story is that a retired airline pilot moved 15 miles back into the woods somewhere in Western Maine and built a huge log cabin. He was off-grid, so he had these running with car audio amplifiers.

I'm assuming that he probably bought the old D Khorn back in the mono era and then the B's later. I think he used the D as a center channel, probably built-in out of site.

I don't know what I'm going to do with the D. I'll probably use the midrange driver to replace one in my shorthorn so it will match the other shorthorn. Maybe I should keep it as a center channel someday.

So is the D from 1964?

Greg

----------------

On 1/2/2005 9:36:47 PM greg928s4 wrote:

"Hope Arkansas, T.P." written in pencil inside the bass bin.

----------------

Man, those kids will "T.P." almost anything, these days...

Now, for this to be a "score", we must know one thing....how much? Or, how little, to be more accurate.

----------------

On 1/2/2005 10:59:00 PM greg928s4 wrote:

If I divulge what I paid, it will compromise my position on resale.

----------------

Why don't we have a contest, to guess what you paid. Whoever is the closest, wins a free pair of crossovers from Dean.