Two different corners?

wormdoggy

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone......prosperity, health and many more years of listening pleasure.

I have a problem that I wanted to share with you folks!

I have one corner in my home that will accomodate one of my Horns very nicely but I need to make a false corner for the other speaker. I have heard and read alot of information on proper positioning and false corners for the Horns, but I have yet to read a post where the user has a setup in which one corner is " natural" while the other corner is " artificial".

Any thoughts on this? Does anyone have a similar setup? Will I notice a significant variance in sound coming from the speaker placed in the false corner? Is it just a bad idea?

Cheers eveyone and thanks . 1.gif1.gif

I don't have a false wall but one of my Khorns is on a stairway wall of my split foyer house that is exactly the same height as the top and extends out about 3' before the stair riser. I find no discernable problems in the set-up.

I had them on the full, short wall when I first moved in here. This setup is far better.

Beats the pants off Blowz!!!

Rick

My thought is that you will not hear an imbalance.

An asymetic setting may well produce different output in the bass but that is difficult to detect by ear. I had one of my K-Horns going with a loose connection to the bass bin; no output. Something was wrong but the overall system response was pretty respectable.

Myself, and others, seem to agree that the K-Horn is relying very much on room modes for deep bass. The long wall might well be the secret to exiciting the room modes. Also, most bass is mixed mono and thus two work may well work much better than one. Testing results with just one without a room are fairly poor.

In any event, a pair of K-Horns, even in a compromised setting, is just about always superior to anything else. So don't worry, be happy.

Best,

Gil