suggestion required

ismail

my room size 12x12x12

which subwoofer is suitable for me ?

budget is no problem. but sub shouldnot overload the room

but i also want punching bass with movies and music

i am considering ksw-10

is 10" driver enough for my small room ?

your suggestions please

stay away from the ksw stuff. tends to be boomy. many members on here will tell you this.

if it needs to be klipsch id look at the rw stuff. like the 10(msrp500) or 12(msrp650). ive heard them and they sound nice. however there on the pricy side imo. you can get better for less. other good manufacturers would be hsu, svs, velodyne,etc. never delt with this stuff but iv been told its good. sorry, cant really recommend a model.

is diy an option? you can seriously get a lot more for the same amount of money. if you dont like "full" diy you can get a kit and you still save a lot.

now that i just looked, theres a hsu stf2 for sale on the klipsch forum. only $230. thats a good deal. its in the same area as this thread- "powered subwoofer" area.

scp53

----------------

On 1/7/2005 8:38:04 AM ismail wrote:

my room size 12x12x12

which subwoofer is suitable for me ?

budget is no problem. but sub shouldnot overload the room

but i also want punching bass with movies and music

i am considering ksw-10

is 10" driver enough for my small room ?

your suggestions please

----------------

If budget is no problem then get a B4+ with crown K2, load it in the corner and keep the dial on one 9.gif

Then you can tune it to max extension 16Hz mode and still have the output to dislodge your wall studs 3.gif .....if you would want to do something like that but none of us here like to play our subs loudly. 2.gif

But seriously, the KSW-10 would probably not be a good choice. Take a look at the online retailers such as SVS and HSU. Even take a look at the Dayton Titanics if you want to go the DIY rout, or you can order a pre-made model.

Also, if budget isn't a problem then take a local listen to the Klipsch RSW series and spend to your hearts content if you like their characteristics. But keep in mind that punchy is not what you may want when it comes to movies. In general (but never a rule, of course), louder/musical ears tend to lean more toward the punchy sounds that the Klipsch subs provide well, and moviegoers may be better served by the subsonic extension delivered heartily by the SVS models. It's all up to your ears.

Happy shopping.

Ismail, didn't I read one of your other posts where your upstairs neighbors were allready complaining about too much noise? Anything that will be suggested to you here will certainly get you run out of your building. Bass waves are very long and will go through walls. Your situation will be much worse with a good quality subwoofer. That being said, go for the baddest sub you can afford as your next residence may have a larger listening area. Carl