dts

GOLDDOWN

for some reason I can't get dts to stay on. I put irobot in and while it's showing previews or put dvd on pause my yammy shows dts,however when movie begins it switchs to dd. I can pause the movie and dts show up again. My dvd player is a denon 2800 hook up with optical and s video. whould it make a different if I hook up a digital coaxial and unplug the optical. Any help out there, thanks.

I wouldn't think the cable would make any difference. If both your DVD player and processor can handle DTS (I assume you have had success with other DVDs with DTS?) then it could be the disk itself. Have you played other DTS movies without problems?

Have you gone into the dvd player setup menu and activated the dts stream? I think you also need to turn PCM on as well. Also, have you selected DTS under the language or setup option on the DVD menu screen?

The type of digital connection between your player and your reciever should make no difference at all.

One thing that confuses me. When you pause a movie it should not

be showing DD or DTS on your receiver. When you pause a movie

it is not receiving a signal so it will not show a DD signal.

Now whether Digital coax or optical will not make a difference.

I also assume you are selecting DTS in the DVD menue?

I had a problem with DTS and my Yamaha 2095. When playing DTS sound, I would hear annoying high pitched chirps. The DD was perfect. It was only in DTS and on any movie with a DTS soundtrack. It turned out to be a bad processor in the Yamaha. I took it back for exchange and didn't have a problem with the new one. A buddy of mine has it and it works like a charm for him too. Point being, there could be a hardware fault with the Yammy.

Sounds like you're using DTS:Neo 6. If you have everything working properly, the Receiver should be set to Auto Input Mode (you don't have to set the receiver to dts). Then, as the others have said, make sure you set the DVD player up to output dts, and select dts on the DVD Movie itself.

Have you gone into the dvd player setup menu and activated the dts stream? I think you also need to turn PCM on as well.

this is the biggest one...

Next in line is wait till the previews are over... Then when the movie starts hit menu set up... make sure at this point your in DTS you should be fine...

----------------

On 1/11/2005 4:18:59 PM GOLDDOWN wrote:

thanks for all the info. It was just me being stupid!!! I never switch it over to dts on the dvd. Sorry for being Sooooooooo stupid. thank for all the reply, I'll figure this HT out One day.
----------------

Don't fret!

Look at my post count, I made the same mistake on our system downstairs! I thought the (older) DVD player was not DTS capable until I got into the menu (it is a PITA to get there!)

This forum is to help each other out when we have problems, and it has certainly come in handy for you! Glad we can help!