I FINALLY GOT IT

dantfmly

a big Screen TV that is. I finally have a picture that matches the sound. As some of you know i just moved from one house to the another. I used the proceeds from one house to another to pay for the TV. That is why it has been a couple of months since i have been around these parts having to get moved in and all. the sound is amazing in this new house compaired to the old, especially in bass. Here are some pics of the new and the old home theater. In one of the pictures you can see a little silver dvd player at the bottom that is there temporaily until I can get My denon DVD-2200 To replace my Pioneer Dvl-700 LD/DVD player (it does not play burned DVD's so have to use the little silver one which is for the master bedroom until i get the one i want which will be soon.) enjoy.

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

This is the old

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

105-0592_IMG.JPG

----------------

On 1/15/2005 10:08:14 AM Boji7.1 wrote:

I got the same TV. Mine is the 65" version. Best value that I came across $2200 out the door.

----------------

Yes it is a very good value. mine is the 51" version, and i paid $1534 and I got a $150 portable dvd player with the little screen for free. I tried to get the 57" version but my wife thought that was way to big. I had to beg to get this big of one. 9.gif

----------------

On 1/15/2005 10:12:34 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Nice system. Beautiful photographs by the way. Good to see that some Forum members know the value of good family photos on the wall. Whoever you are hiring to take those is doing a superb job for your family. Keep it up!

Michael

----------------

thanks. Most of the pictures were done by sears, but some of the photos were done by Glamourshots. I love my family very much, but sometimes when they are not around and i can turn it up loud enough those pictures make anoying vibrating sounds. 9.gif

----------------

On 1/15/2005 9:37:53 AM dantfmly wrote:

a big Screen TV that is. I finally have a picture that matches the sound.

----------------

Ohh, how I know the feeling! 9.gif

I gotta few finishing touches I need to make to my own before I post any new pictures.

Anyway, awesome setup, and I hope you enjoy the new TV.

----------------

On 1/15/2005 12:11:25 PM Sosa wrote:

hey, nice setup
:)
I was wondering where you got the stand at? I'm trying to find something like that that will match my 65" TV.

----------------

i got the stand at the navy exchange, i was able to get it cheapest there, with no shipping or tax. But if you go to bush furniture website you can find out what stores sell their stuff, or even purchase it from them directly.

Very nice looking TV and HT setup. You should be proud.16.gif

I noticed the new location of your sub between the left main and TV. How is that working for you? Is your sub magnetically shielded? If not I guess you're not having any problems with the TV? The reason I ask is when I get my new sub it will probably be quite a bit larger than the Yamaha I have now and I'm planning on placing it as you have.

----------------

On 1/16/2005 9:49:49 AM SteelerFan wrote:

Very nice looking TV and HT setup. You should be proud.
16.gif

I noticed the new location of your sub between the left main and TV. How is that working for you? Is your sub magnetically shielded? If not I guess you're not having any problems with the TV? The reason I ask is when I get my new sub it will probably be quite a bit larger than the Yamaha I have now and I'm planning on placing it as you have.

----------------

nope no problems. i did not even think about magnetic sheilding when i did it. It sounds better in this room that way and looks better. but in my old room it did not work, could hardly hear it in that position. thank you very much for the compliment. Now time to upgrade dvd player, and reciever. I need a recieverthant has the .1 input. my reciever has no subwoofer input for the dolby digital decoder. (it is only a prologic reciever with 5.1 input without the .1 this is yamaha's first go at DD). and i have no DTS. 15.gif oh well a little at a time now with a family. It only took me 8 years to finally get the TV6.gif3.gif DVD player will be within the next month. will have a built in DD and DTS, will finally have DTS, but still no .1 input. So i will still have to run subwoofer of the main channels.

dantfmly, it looks to me like you have a set of KLF-20's up front, but your center looks like Reference series. If so what model is your center and how does it sound with the 20's. I'm trying to finish my HT and currently I only have the 20's. I would like to have a KLF-C7 but I'm not crazy about purchasing one used (no warranty etc.). Thanx

----------------

On 1/17/2005 8:33:27 AM jeb76 wrote:

dantfmly, it looks to me like you have a set of KLF-20's up front, but your center looks like Reference series. If so what model is your center and how does it sound with the 20's. I'm trying to finish my HT and currently I only have the 20's. I would like to have a KLF-C7 but I'm not crazy about purchasing one used (no warranty etc.). Thanx

----------------

yes i do have klf-20's up front. And yes my center is reference series. it is a RC-3II. it sounds great with the klf-20's. it does not match perfectly though and does not have quite as much gusto as the KLF-20's, but enough for my needs to watch movies. I would go with the KLF-C7 if i were you. I would have, had i had the money at the time of purchase. If you want brand new, (and under warrenty) to get the equivalent of what i have, you would have to get the RC-35 from an authorized dealer. they no longer make the RC-3II. They didn't even when i bought my RC-3II. I bought mine off of EBAY. and have had no problems with it thank god having no warrenty, even thought it was new and unopened.

----------------

On 1/17/2005 12:42:11 PM psg wrote:

Interesting support brackets for the rear speakers. What are they? And are they holding Heresy's?

Sweet setup!
3.gif

----------------

they are tv mounting brackets screwed directly into the wall stud. the only thing i could find at the time to hold the 36 pounds of each heresy II. thanks for the compliment.

----------------

On 1/18/2005 12:46:23 PM dantfmly wrote:

----------------

On 1/17/2005 3:32:56 PM Colin wrote:

can you say SUPER Bowl!!!!

----------------

not now since colts got spanked.
14.gif15.gif

----------------

Well, since I had no preference. I'll just say that it looks great. Time and effort well spent.

Enjoy

Audios,

dodger